WELCOME parents and students! I am very excited to begin the 2016-2017 school year at Brown Middle School. I feel confident that this will be an enjoyable and exciting year.
graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with a
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics from the College of Science, and really
enjoy sharing my love for math with my students.
should not be looked at as simply a way to satisfy grade requirements,
but rather as an opportunity to practice and eventually master what is
being taught; it is an opportunity to take risks and make mistakes.
Students will be given plenty of opportunities to take risks and make
mistakes; they will not be penalized for risk-taking or for the errors
that may result as long as the homework is complete and 100% effort was
put forth. On the contrary, students will be given the chance to correct
and, therefore learn from their mistakes.
will be assigned regularly. Due to the nature of our math program, it
is crucial that students complete all homework assignments. Please check
your child’s notebook frequently for assignments and organization.
The following must be brought to class every day:
1) 1” to 2” 3-ring binder -> this will serve as the math binder
2) 1 composition notebook (lined or graph) -> this will serve as the interactive notebook
2) pencil -> always a good idea to have a few at hand
3) 8.5” x 11” loose leaf paper
4) math textbook
5) 5 dividers -> to create the sections in the math binder
6) red, blue, or green grading pen -> necessary for any in-class grading
7) dry erase markers (please, supply throughout the year) -> for working in-class problems
Dividers should be labeled: Keepers, Warm-Ups, Class Work/Homework, Vocabulary, and Assessment
If you would like to contact me, please email me or you may call the school at 774-4080 ext. 219 and leave a message. My conference time is from 10:40-11:20. Please allow at least 24-hour notice for a conference.